Sunday, January 11, 2009

This is NOT a Video Game!

After several hours of playing Mario Kart on the Wii this weekend, two things happened -- first, I became, for the first time since the original Super Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt combo game, totally obsessed with a video game, and second, I damned near forgot how to drive a real car.

As I was driving home tonight, I swear that I had the strongest urge to continually push a nonexistent button on my steering wheel to make my car go faster and, when going around the large curves on the turnpike, I really felt the need to reach for and push the "B" button on the backside of my steering wheel so that I could drift the curves with greater ease. Jason and I also joked about it being funny if someone got boxes, colored them, added question marks, and tossed them randomly in the middle of the street.

I know, I know - I'm a dork. But I'm a Mario Kart-loving dork! I can about guarantee you that I'll be buying one of these for my nephew for his birthday...along with an extra steering wheel so that he and I can race whenever I'm back in Fredonia!

No comments: