Tuesday, January 20, 2009

In-Awe-Guration

I had the opportunity to watch the majority of the inaguration this morning. I remember watching bits and pieces of different inaugurations in the past, but until today, I'd never watched the entire event.

As I sat in my office, surrounding by my co-workers, huddled around my computer, and listened to President Obama speak, I got goosebumps. My goosebumps had goosebumps. And I had tears in my eyes. I can't explain why, but I think it's because I feel such a sense of hope. A better tomorrow. I'm proud to be an American.

1 comment:

NA said...

I went to Clinton's first inauguration. The country was so sick of 12 years of Republican rule. But the feeling in the air and the electricity was NOTHING like today.

I felt the same way as you. I can't describe it accurately. Hope, anticipation, relief. It was a mixture of all of those emotions. We've lived in an absolute hell for 8 years through an administration who did nothing to truly serve the people of this country. Change is here. And the great thing about it is that WE, the American People, made it happen.

Unfortunately, I can't say that about this IGNORANT state we live in! So I'll just speak for the rest of the country!

Stay Red Oklahoma. It has served you SO WELL! Fattest, most fast food per ca pita, highest smoking rate, top 10 in teenage pregnancy, top 10 in suicide, # 50 in total education. Those good ole conservative values have REALLY served us well!!