Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Wish I Would've Had My Camera....

Last Friday, as I was running around town, I saw a woman posting garage sale signs on nearly every available telephone pole. I didn't think that much about it, other than that she was EVERYWHERE I went.

Later that day, I actually read one of her signs and about wrecked my car because I was laughing so hard. Her sign read, "HUGH GARAGE SALE!" Now, either she was selling a garage belonging to a guy named Hugh, or she actually was having what she felt was a HUGE garage sale. Big difference.

So, being the grammarzon that I am, I went driving around town to find her other signs to see if she had made the same mistake repeatedly. She did. With the price of gas right now, normally I would've considered driving around pretty much aimlessly a waste of time, but I was in desperate need of a good laugh...and her signs were provided that laugh. I didn't go look for all of them, but I did check about three places that I had seen her hanging signs.

I really wish I would've had my camera. Things like this need to be documented.

1 comment:

NA said...

Last night Jen and I were heading to dinner when she pointed out a sign in Edmond on 2nd and Kelly that read:

"MOVEING SALE"

And I'm heading back this afternoon to take a pic. I'll post on my blog tonight.