Friday, June 20, 2008

Crossing Party Lines

I don't often discuss politics with anyone...friends, family, and foes included. So, you can consider this to be a first.

I'm a proud democrat; generally, my beliefs are best aligned with the democratic party. Thus, most frequently the candidates I believe will do the best job are democrats, too. I will admit that I've never intentionally voted a straight-party ticket. I simply vote for who, in my eyes, will do the best job.

While I consider myself to be a relatively political person (in case you don't know and haven't figured out, I'm beginning to feel the political bug myself), it's rare that I'll come out and endorse a particular candidate. I've never before placed a campaign sign in my front yard...until now. I never thought that the first political sign I would place in my yard would be for a republican, but that's the case.

Since I've placed her sign in my yard, you can consider both that, and this blog, my endorsement of Shelley Dickerson for Canadian County's County Clerk. I know Shelley from Leadership Canadian County. She's a wonderful person and, I believe, will be a wonderful County Clerk. Shelley is a long-time employee of the County Clerk's office and strikes me as an extremely competent and intelligent person. More information for her can be found at www.shelleydickerson.com. I encourage you to check out her site and see if you feel that she'd be the best candidate for the job.

Like always, I'm not telling anyone who to vote for this fall. Rather, I'm urging you to do your civic duty and vote. And, if, like me, you happy to think that Shelley's the best candidate for the job, I encourage you to vote for her! (Obviously, only registered Canadian County citizens can vote for Shelley!)

Oh -- and in case there's any chance that I could be breaking any election rules by writing this blog, I do need to tell you that Shelley has not asked me to write it and knows nothing about it. I've written this blog, and am showing my support for her, of my own free will.

No comments: