Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Customer Service FAIL!

Recently, I’ve begun a redecorating project at home. For a quite some time now, I’ve been on the hunt for decent black photo frames, but have yet to find any that both look good and are affordable. Today, while hunting for frames over my lunch break, I experienced some tremendous customer service.

First, I hit up Hobby Lobby, as I’d learned that their frames are on sale this week. Not a problem – run over there, grab the ten or so frames I need, swipe the debit card, and head back to work. Much easier said than done – they didn’t have anything that I really wanted – at least, not enough of them.

So, as I’m leaving Hobby Lobby, I remember that someone told me that Michael’s had frames on sale last week, too. Awesome! They frequently run their sales for two weeks, so I thought I might have a chance there. Plus, they tend to have at least a slightly better selection. So, I called them to double check, as I didn’t have enough time to stop. My conversation went something like this:

Michael’s employee: “Michael’s in Midwest City. How can I help you?”

Me: “Yes, I was wondering if you can tell me if you have photo frames on sale this week.”

Michael’s employee: “What?”

Me: “Could you tell me if your frames are on sale this week?”

Michael’s employee: “Oh. Yeah…I don’t know.”

Me: “Is there any way that you could…”

CLICK.

He hung up on me. Seriously! Not only was he rude and unable to answer my question, but he slammed the phone down in my ear. He. Hung. Up. On. Me.

I guess I’ll either be purchasing my frames from Hobby Lobby or else I’ll be looking other places! I do know this: I won’t be back to the Michael’s here in MWC, which is a crying shame for them, because I tend to spend a decent amount of money there. Customer service FAIL!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Do you guys have a gordmans?? We've gotten LOTS of frames there. :)

Meg said...

Hmmm...I may have to run to the one on the other side of the city. That's an awesome idea! Since it's a ways from my casa, I don't think about it too often, but maybe they'll have what I need...you rock!