Saturday, January 2, 2010

(#)*!&(#@!*)_(%$_#*@!_)*$!!!!!!

Wow. I remember carb withdrawal from two and a half years ago when I last started this diet, but OMG I don't remember it being this bad. I remember being really crabby the first day, extremely emotional (read: cried at everything) the second, and kind of depressed the third, but this time, it's much worse.

Yesterday was day one. It wasn't at all bad -- had the cravings and was continually hungry, as is expected with the withdrawal, but wasn't crabby. I was so excited because I thought the crabbiness had bypassed me this time. Um, yeah...not so much.

Today is day two. I woke up this morning pissed off at the entire world and things haven't gotten much better. I'm really fighting it, but it's like a demon has taken possession of my body and won't let go. And then I made the mistake of going grocery shopping. Big mistake. I'm hoping that the caffeine I just had and the nuts I'm getting ready to eat will help; I think they will. Then, I'm planning on taking a nap.

Tomorrow is day three. Since today has been pretty nasty for me, mood-wise, I'm hoping that tomorrow will be easier. Happily, I know that this is just withdrawal and the symptoms will go away soon.

I wonder the carb withdrawal symptoms I'm experiencing are similar to the nicotine withdrawal that Jason has experienced when he's quit smoking before. I can say that I now have a lot more sympathy for him than before, because this is just miserable.

So, the upshot of it all is that if you see me in the next few days and I'm bitchy or crying or otherwise not my normal Meggish self, it's due to carb withdrawal. Hopefully it'll let up very quickly and lead to a happier and thinner Meg!

No comments: