Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Passing Up a Good Deal

This evening, after running several errands, I decided that I wanted a sugar-free sno cone to soothe my irritated throat. After finding all three sno cone places closed for some reason, I got frustrated and headed home.

I was happily driving along (after nearly getting hit by an ambulance who decided to flip on their lights and sirens and flip a u-turn in the middle of the street) when I approached a massive line of traffic. I wasn't sure why there was a traffic jam in Midwest City -- I mean, really, this isn't exactly the most happening place in the world.

Suddenly, it hit me...Sonic is giving away free root beer floats tonight. There was a line of traffic approximately three blocks long (to the north), waiting to turn in to Sonic. I bypassed it, shaking my head, and was nearly hit by a car that was determined that I wasn't going to beat them in the driveway. Trust me...there was no way in hell I was entering that fray! Incidentally, the line stretched about two and a half blocks to the south, too.

Everyone knows that I'm a sucker for a good deal. Seriously, I'm the one who can ferret out a Dillard's sale ($7 leather purses and $23 Born boots, anyone?) at ten paces, and I also love free things, but there's no way I would risk my life going to Sonic tonight for a free small root beer float. I'd rather dig through my couch cushions, find two bucks in change, and buy one when the crazies are not out in full force!

No comments: