Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Journey of 100 Steps

As of Thursday, I have embarked on a new journey in life. It's one I've tried before, and one where I've been semi-successful, but this time, I plan to make the journey, succeed in my journey, and maintain my destination. So, what's my journey? I'm going to lose 100 pounds. That's right. One hundred pounds.

Two years ago, I made, what I believed to be, a lifestyle change. I lost about 70 pounds and was feeling pretty good about myself, even though I still had more to lose. Well, as always, life intervened, I strayed from my diet and quit caring, and now, I've now gained back a good amount of that weight.

As of Thursday, I've set a new goal -- 100 pounds in one year. That's a lot of weight, but it's weight that I need to lose. Ultimately, I'd like to lose it within the next ten months -- ten pounds a months -- but I know that I have to be cautious and realisic.

So, how am I going to do it? By eating healthily (but neither starving nor depriving myself) and exercising. I'm giving myself a couple of weeks to get started with the diet (mostly because I'm getting ready to leave for a week again) and then will kick the exercising into gear. I'm looking into taking some martial arts lessons. If the weather will cooperate, I'm thinking about starting to run again. I'm going to continue to play disc golf. I'm just going to try to be more active.

Is this going to be easy? Absolutely not. I've got to remember that I can take the weight off the same way that I put it on -- one pound at a time. They say that a journey begins with a single step, so let the journey begin!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Good luck my friend! Give me about 8 weeks and I'll join you! We can be accountability partners!!

Meg said...

Absolutely! I can use all of the help I can get to stay on the straight and narrow. I may start another blog to track this stuff. I'd like to, but I'm afraid that I won't actually write in it.