Friday, July 4, 2008

Peaceful, Easy Feeling

I'm sitting on the deck of a lake house on Grand Lake right this very moment. We've been here since late Tuesday night and I knew that I needed a vacation, but I didn't know how badly I needed one until I got here.

Since we arrived, I have done basically nothing of any consequence. We spent several hours cruising the lake on Jason's dad's boat Wednesday morning/afternoon, which I found to be absolutley wonderful. Previously, I'd always kind of wondered why people enjoyed cruising around the lake on a boat if they weren't skiing, tubing, or fishing. Now, I totally understand.

Anyway, I'm sitting out on the deck and enjoying the gorgeous weather, watching the boats cruise by, soaking it all in, and...listening to the crappy loud music the guy across the cove has been blaring for two days. We all really wish he wasn't so determined to play it so loudly, but hey, whatever works for you. My only worry, and goal, if you will, is to relax and have fun.

No comments: