Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Lessons Learned at the Lake

After spending a week at Grand Lake with some of my favorite people in the world, I feel as though I've learned several new things. So, without further ado, here are some of the lessons that I learned:

Face your fears and you'll find something fun. (I was a little scared to hop on a waverunner, but once I did, I wished I would have done it a lot sooner.)

You don't have to go a million miles away for a great vacation.

Total relaxation is possible -- especially if you turn off and leave off the BlackBerry.

Just because you take a camera with an empty flash card and a ton of batteries, doesn't mean that you'll remember to take pictures.

No matter how inconfident you feel about how you look in your swimsuit, you always look better than at least one other person somewhere on the lake.

Some of the best food in the world can be found in tiny, out-of-the-way diners in little bitty towns.

Turning 30 doesn't have to hurt.

Everyone should watch fireworks from a boat on the lake at least once in their life.

You don't have to worry about doing your hair or wearing make-up when you're at the lake because no one cares.

Sitting on a swaying dock at night, looking at the stars and moon, beside someone who means the world to you, is a wonderful experience.

I can't even begin to put into words how much I enjoyed the past week. Good times were had by all and I can't wait to do it again.

No comments: