Monday, July 21, 2008

A Study in Contradictions

Well, okay, so it wasn't a study in contradictions, but rather, just something that made me laugh this past weekend.

On Saturday, Jason and I decided to go see The Dark Knight. Well, it was sold out and while we were standing in the lobby of the Warren, he pointed something out to me that made both of us laugh.

Across the lobby stood a guy who appeared to be a semi-bad ass motorcycle man. He was dressed in full leathers, with no shirt beneath his vest, and had a shaved head and tattoos. He looked like he could be tough...until you looked down his arm and saw the 1990s-reject hair scrunchie around his wrist. Luckily, he had an excuse in that his girlfriend/wife was standing next to him, but still...it was pretty funny.

While laughing, I asked Jason if he would wear a scrunchie around his wrist for me (if I was out of style enough to still use them). He told me that he would consider it, but only if i had no arms or prosthetic arms. Then again, he said, there wouldn't be much use for it then because I couldn't pull my own hair back if I didn't have arms.

Funny stuff.

No comments: