Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Poppy for My Poppy

It's no big secret that I like tattoos. Before getting my first, I was warned that they were addictive, but I didn't believe it. Well, that warning was correct...they are incredibly addictive!

I got my first once, Picasso's Dove of Peace, more than two and a half years ago; my second, the Sanskrit interpretation of "honor", followed a year later. I knew that I wanted a third one, but for the longest time, I wasn't sure what I wanted -- but I did know that it needed to mean something important to me, like my first two.

Last November, the idea for my third tattoo became crystal clear. I wanted to get a red poppy in honor and rememberance of Poppy Abe.

So, two weeks ago, my mom came to visit and I decided it was the perfect time to get ink.

Before:



During:



After:



I think he'd be touched...he'd probably tell me that he didn't deserve anything, but I'd have to disagree. After all, he was my Poppy.

1 comment:

A. Reed said...

Art well done and so very moving... I love it!