Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's Who I Am

I am so many things.

I'm a daughter, sister, aunt, niece, granddaughter, friend, and girlfriend. I'm not a mom, and may never be, but I love my dog as if she is my child.

I try to be happy most of the time, but I do sometimes have a nasty temper. I protect those I love and would do nearly anything for them...or, for that matter, for nearly anyone. I love quickly and deeply and permanently. I hate to see suffering, whether it's human, animal, or any other form.

I have three tattoos, all of which are meaningful and important to me, and none of which I regret, or ever will regret. To that end, I believe in self expression and probably will end up with at least one more tattoo and eventually would like to pierce my nose.

I believe in karma and in doing no harm. While I'm not a member of any particular organized religion, I do think there probably is a higher power. And, yes, I do pray because it soothes my soul. I do not, however, judge anyone based on his or her religious beliefs and it irritates me when people do judge.

I have a job that's just basically a job. It helps me pay the bills and I work with some cool people, but my job no longer defines me. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to make it as a full-time jewelry designer.

I'm by no means rich...and, while I'd like to have more money, I'm okay with not being a millionaire. Sure, it would make life easier, but I like to think that having to sometimes pinch pennies builds character.

My relationship with my father is non-existent and I'm at peace with that fact. Just because he's my father doesn't mean that I have to honor, respect, or even like him.

When I'm really tired, I tend to either get really, really, really mean and crabby or to cry at every little thing. Of course, there are times that I laugh like a loon, but it's usually one extreme or the other.

I am so many things, all of which combine to make me uniquely me. And if, for some reason, you decide that you don't want to be my friend because of who I am, well, then, I guess that's okay. I'm me...and I'm happy being me. You either like me for being me or you don't. It's that simple.

No comments: