Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thy Name is Greed

I read an interesting article this evening: http://www.propeller.com/story/2008/11/12/rush-limbaugh-gives-caller-a-new-suv/?icid=100214839x1212526438x1200860963

Essentially, Rush Limbaugh, king of conservativism and controversy extraordinaire, decided to give a woman who called in to his radio show a gift -- a book and a brand new car. Pretty cool to be given a brand new free car for just calling in to a radio show, but I won't go in to how you would have to give me a lot more than a free car to listen to just one of Limbaugh's episodes!

So, what bothers me about this? Jealousy? Nope. It's the fact that the woman was given this car because she was lamenting about how she and her husband are worried how they, as small business owners, are going to afford to live under an Obama presidency. Said woman then proceeded to pick out a brand new, fully-loaded $58,000 Chevy Tahoe. Maybe it's just me, but if I truly was worried about money and was given a brand new car, I'd probably pick something a little more economical. The tags, taxes, and insurance on that thing probably won't be cheap, and while the cost of gas has decreased recently, fueling that thing definitely could break the bank - especially if gas prices increase again! I guess she must not be as worried about being able to afford to live as she claims.

No comments: