Sunday, August 29, 2010

Still Life Saturday

A local author and creative genius, who I admire very much, challenged several people on twitter to participate in Still Life Saturday. Basically, the idea was to take photos throughout your day on Saturday, documenting the things you did, even if they were the mundane. The following is my Still Life Saturday for August 28:

It all started with me leaving Jason's at 8 am to head home to meet the A/C repairman. I waited...and waited...and waited...and watched the clock for several hours:



Once the repairman was gone and my A/C was still not fixed, Jase suggested making the day better by grabbing lunch from one of my favorite places in the world. If you're from Edmond, you may recognize this menu:



After lunch, we decided to take the wave runners out to the lake to test drive them before we head to Grand for vacation next week. As a precaution, my awesome and mechanically inclined guy added some fuel stabilizer:



Ahhh...waiting to unload:



Saying goodbye to the lake after playing:



Tess was happy for us to come home:



And Tanner was content to play with his favorite toy -- a bottle pilfered from the recycling bin:



Are my photos great? Nope...partially because I took them with my cell phone, rather than my actual camera. No matter, though -- I still think this was a great idea and it's one that I'm eager to repeat in the very near future...and maybe that's because it helped me realize that even they typical weekends can be spicy, flavorful, and absolutely awesome!

No comments: