Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hey! You Used to be....

On Monday, I had a meeting over in the city with a woman who I first met a little more than three years ago. To her credit, I hadn't seen her since then, but when she walked in to meet me, she apparently remembered meeting me back in 2005, because she said, "Hey! I remember meeting you several years ago! You used to be fat and have dark, curly hair!"

Wow. I'm not sure if I should be flattered that she remembered me and now apparently thinks that I'm not fat (which I'm still overweight, but not that glaringly fat any longer, due to the 70 pound drop) or be amused by her lack of tact.

I thought about saying, "Hey! I remember you, too! You were kind of obnoxious then and it looks like things haven't changed much!", but I refrained. I deserve a medal.

No comments: