Friday, July 23, 2010

Automatic Ways to NOT Get My Vote

I'm extremely liberal, so obviously, I'm a democrat. Even though the candidates I support typically come from the democratic party, I do vote for whomever I believe will ultimately do the best job.

There are several different things that you, as a political candidate, can do to ensure that you DON'T get my vote. Try one of the following and I will never vote for you, even if you're running against my sworn enemy:

Have a ringing, or for that matter, any other form, of endorsement from Sarah Palin. Seriously, there's no chance in hell that I'd ever vote for her, or anyone she supports. This woman truly isn't qualified to drive a garbage truck, let alone run any form of government.

Misspell or mispronounce words in your campaign ads. Randy Brogdon, candidate for Oklahoma governor, currently is running a commercial on local radio that touts that he's "different from all of those in 'Warshington.'" If you can't pronounce the Washington correctly, then you're probably not smart enough to be running for office, or recording commercials in support of candidates who are running.

Brag that you've never supported a single tax increase. Really? You've never supported a single tax increase? So we should never have developed taxes to help support education, prisons, roads, bridges, and more? You really would rather be driving a horse and buggy on a grass path, with no healthcare and no support? Okay, go ahead with your life...but I'll take my small tax increases and the things they bring on any day.

Bring god or any other religion into the equation. There's this little thing called separation of church and state. You really should remember that fact if you're running for office. I don't care about your religious affiliation -- I simply care that you're intelligent, good, decent, and moral. You don't have to brag about your religion to reassure me of these facts.

Finally, if your campaign revolves solely around slinging mud at your partner, then don't ask for my vote. Truly, I'm intelligent enough to find out about your opponent's misgivings and misdeeds. I don't need you to throw them in my face to help me make a decision. And mudslingers who are incredibly religious are even worse, in my opinion.

So, there you have it. Five huge things that you can do to ensure that you'll NEVER have my vote.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ummmm I think we are related...LOL I so could have wrote this!