Monday, October 6, 2008

It Makes Me Miss You More

This past weekend I made a flying trip up to Wichita. Friday night, I crashed at Matt and Tree's house (Tree is my best friend) and then I spent all day Saturday (and into Sunday morning) with my mom. While shopping with Mom, I also ran into my very good friend Misty. I had such a wonderful weekend!

There is only one bad thing about spending time with some of the people I love most in this world -- I've found that seeing them makes me miss them even more when they're not around. I am the one who made the decision to move to Oklahoma more than three years ago and I don't regret it one single bit. And while I do miss my family and friends, it's usually not too bad because of phone calls, e-mail and sporadic visits. For me, though, I always miss them more right after I see them.

At least we have fabulous technology and ways to keep up with each other! If all we had was the Pony Express, I'd so be screwed.

No comments: