Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Take Your Slander Elsewhere

Wow, was yesterday a serious Monday for me. I woke up ready to take on the week, but by noon, I was not a very happy girl -- and it was all due to the fact that someone I know decided to slander me.

Without going into too much detail, I learned, through a friend, of the things this person was saying about me. Needless to say, I was shocked, horrified, distraught, and most of all, pissed off. There wasn't a shred of truth (at least not as far as I know) in any of the things he was saying about me.

I don't take too kindly to having my character and work ethic attacked. I'm a hard worker and most anyone who knows me probably will tell you the same. Do I have days when I don't give it my all? Sure, but I think that we all have those days. Do I like to have a good time while I'm working? Absolutely! If you don't take a few minutes here and there to laugh and enjoy life, then I think you're less productive.

If I was a different type of person, I would consider hiring an attorney and going after this jerk for slander. But, I think I'll pass...at least this time. After all, I'm a firm believer in this little thing called karma...and, while she's a bitch, she has yet to fail me.

No comments: